Thursday, May 3, 2018

Try This on for Size (A.H)

Another day, another outfit. What should I wear today? There a bunch of different options in my closet, I could go for the simple Math. It's snazzy, but at the same time is a bit too big for me. Maybe I'll go with a little physics. Although it is as big as math it also looks great large. I have multiple different physic clothes. Some electric, shocking, and simply numbing but also have relaxed ones. They are a simple tan, much like sand flowing in the desert (and as interesting as it as well). No, I'm not feeling physics today, I need something different, something that will turn heads and hearts. I could go with history but it's so exotic. Everyday it changes and it is always a surprise but also it never seems to go away. It fits too tight and is too long; it can never be altered also. Maybe I'll wear some music. Music always seems to make every move to a nice beat, it gives a nice groove to the room. Although it's a bit loud there are also some classics. I would wear music today except I haven't touched it in over a year so it needs a good cleaning. I could go with English but there are so many different options. I could wear a nice simple novel. It's pleasant and nice on the eyes. The only problem is that it is a little basic. Everyone seems to be wearing novels now-a-days. You know what, I'll go with Poetry.

Poetry is a weird article of clothing. Sometimes it's loose and flows easily with the wind. Other times it's thicker to keep me warm. Sometimes it's shorter to let the sun kiss my skin, or maybe it has holes so the pleasant wind can cool me down on hot summer days. During those early spring mornings and late fall evenings, they morph to keep me warm or cool. Sometimes it's flashy other times it's dark and gray. Once it was bright pink and out there but that was 1,008 miles ago. Poetry can be 1000 layers deep but in the end it is just whatever I want it to be, maybe I want to feel the cold air, maybe I want to feel the burn of the sun. Maybe it isn't stylish or fancy, or what the cool people wear because in the end I make up the Poetry. I mend it to make it comfortable for me and that's all that matters. The same goes for all of you, poetry isn't a uniform, it isn't a jersey. It's a combinations of different fabrics that express you as you. Go out and Try Poetry for Size!

5 comments:

  1. This post reads almost like a poem. I love the way you relate the interpretation aspect of poetry to clothing, how it can be "whatever [you] want it to be." Your imagination of various characteristics for subjects taken as clothing was very interesting. I'm not sure I would imagine physics clothing as tan, but it's enlightening as to how you feel about these various subjects.

    To give my own interpretation, I am stuck between two possible styles of clothing for Chemistry. On one hand, I always imagine lab coats and beakers when I think of Chemistry. That and the fact that I don't find Chemistry particularly interesting makes me go to a boring stereotypical scientist garb. However I also think of the many colorful chemicals and resulting reactions, so maybe Chemistry would be very colorful and avant-garde fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that if you wear poetry you'll look different to everyone. No one disagrees with their own interpretation meaning everyone will like your outfit. With physics or math, there's only one correct interpretation. Hopefully wearing poetry doesn't become mainstream anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you don't just jump to poetry, it's a journey to get there. Additionally, your rationale behind the fashion choice is beautifully worded and provides us with commentary on ways that some everyday things are rigid and not open to interpretation. Very thought provoking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was an excellent extended metaphor. The post itself has a nice flow to it and elegantly captures the individuality of poetry. Nice Work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed the silly story that this post creates. I like the way that you describe all the different ways you can wear poetry. I agree with Martin that everyone would have their own way of seeing your outfit while wearing poetry because it is such a personal thing.

    ReplyDelete